Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rock News


--A 36 year old man has been arrested for breaking and entering the home of Canadian singer Celine Dion. Daniel Bedard jumped the fence surrounding the singer's home and used a garage door opener found in an unlocked car to gain entrance into the home. Once inside the intruder ate a plate of pastries and drew a bath before an alarm notified police, who promptly arrested the man. Dion was not home at the time of the break-in.

--Michael Pedicone, the drummer for pop-punk band My Chemical Romance has been fired citing allegations of theft. According to a September 2nd post on the band's blog "The relationship between My Chemical Romance and Michael Pedicone is over...he was caught red handed stealing from the band and confessed to police after our show last night in Auburn, Washington." Pedicone released his own statement the following day, while not denying the theft, he claimed it stemmed from feud with one of member of the band's crew, in the statement Pedicone said "I'd reached my wits' end, and I made what was certainly the poorest decision of my life. Rather than address the issues that I had with the crew member in an open and honest manner, I tried to make them look irresponsible. My intention was to make this person look incompetent." Pedicone also claimed that he had "no intention of profiting whatsoever" from the theft.

--Recent rock-&-roll hall of fame inductee, Neil Diamond, has announced on his Twitter that he has become engaged. The 70 year old singer/songwriter has been married twice before, separating from his second wife, Marcia Murphey, in 1995. Diamond has revealed little about his new finance, only that her name is Katie, and sharing this picture of her on this Twitter account (https://twitter.com/#!/NeilDiamond/status/111481467409928192)

--Rapper turned actor, Mos Def, will be no longer be called Mos Def after the first of the year. Born Dante Terrell Smith, Def, announced on MTV2 that after 2011 he will go by the name Yasiin, stating "Mos Def is a name that I built and cultivated over the years, it’s a name that the streets taught me, a figure of speech that was given to me by the culture and by my environment, and I feel I’ve done quite a bit with that name and it’s time to expand and move on. Also, I didn't want to have to deal with having any moniker or separation between the self that I see and know myself as."

No comments:

Post a Comment